Tuesday 4 June 2013

June 4 "The Power of Prayer"

What a day.

We got an early start and I had a bit of toast just before we had to be off to the Bus. We left early because we had a full day of classes today. Five in all. It ended up that Alun and I each did two and then Brian did the final one. Funny thing was that he wanted to do the last one because he was told that it would be small (5-6 students). About 25 showed up. But he did a fine job, probably better than either of us on our first go. He has learned from the best however. The tone on the Bus today was so different. All of the meetings seemed to go so much better. The children were attentive, with the occasional disruption of course, but all in all it was just a very blessed day. They even asked some really good questions, not hostile jabs, genuine inquiries. The only thing that was really different was how we started the day...with a group prayer. It's amazing how God provides for His people. There were no radical conversion experiences, but it was so much more positive. AND we gave out all of the fliers for our event on Saturday. Hopefully a good number will show up to a place where we can really give them a clear presentation of the Gospel. That would be a good thing to be in prayer about.

After school, (I'm still spending my day in school...) we got a lift home and spent a few hours relaxing here before tea (that's the evening meal). We had fish n' chips!

Then Alun came to pick me up to head over to Coedpenmaen Baptist Church for a Youth Club. It was a good ride and we got to talk about Alun's adventures in the states. Turns out that he has been to Erskine, Bonclarken (Worked Horizon and Quest) and just about everywhere else on the East Coast. When we got to the church we stood around and chatted among ourselves with a few young men drifting out. I met a few of them...but I am so lousy with names. It'll take all 8 weeks to learn them in all likelihood. Aled found me on Facebook though, so if a few more of them do that, then it might just help. After a few moments of hanging out and letting people come in, I helped Alun gather up the chairs and then took a seat to listen to him speak. He got up, welcomed everyone and then introduced the speaker for the night. I was shocked! I thought he was speaking. But he got up and introduced him...some poor fool named Bobby. Now I am sure that yesterday he clued me in that I would be talking with them. As a matter of fact, I think that I might be in charge of that quite a lot in the future. But I found myself completely unprepared. And so I got up, all smiles (and all nerves) and just went for it! I gave them my testimony briefly and a good bit about how I got into missions. Basically my story from birth to Wales. I think it went well...I don't really know what to think. But they listened and I spoke and I know that God can work through those sorts of things. I will say this. For all the awkward silence at the beginning, I got a resounding send-off when I had to leave early.

I left early to go with Tim to the Rhyd Church prayer meeting. All of the people from the church met up to talk about prayer and to do a bit of a study. It was so good! I have been amazed by the power of prayer these few days and now it was good to sit and think about it a bit. We had a good bit of fun there at Tim and Sarah's and then Kath and I headed back here.

And now its time for bed. I am once again, tired. And tomorrow we do it all again! Thank you for your prayers! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment