Saturday 15 June 2013

June 15 "A Day of Play"

I was woken up by cheers of joy as the children (Sam and James) celebrated their mid-morning victories in Minecraft. Their Xbox is right next to the couch. And so the second that they found out that I was awake they invited me to play. I wiped away my morning eye boogers and looked for a controller. They had set it right next to me...while I was sleeping, lest I be delayed in the slightest at joining in on the fun. So I woke up and was immediately flung into video games. Great start.

A cup of tea and a few minutes later we were watching the British & Irish Lions take on the Waratahs in Rugby. It was a great game. We totally massacred them. Half-penny, a Welsh player, scored 30 points alone out of the 47 that we got- a new Lions record! I am finally beginning to understand the game a little bit (I think). But it was a fun time.

Post-game we went on a hike, uncertain of how the rains might treat us. But they held off. And it was a great time. I didn't know that there was good hiking so close, but it was a good little trek. Beautiful scenery and good company with the Gateway Church and their guests. There was even a Border Collie! She joined us for the whole hike, playing fetch all the way. And she is pregnant! Becca got all excited for puppies and now I think she is 100% on board for the Border Collie. Score. But not for a while now. House first. And marriage. Then dog.

Once we were all hiked out, we headed back to Claire's for a massive helping of chips with buttered rolls. Keep in mind I also had a sausage and bacon sandwich for breakfast and pizza for supper. Good healthy eating. Crunchie for dessert.

In the evening we got a lift to RMC for a Quiz Night! Basically it's a contest of questions! When we got there, Becca and I decided to split up our American genius between two teams (not that it helped much). But after all was said and done my team emerged victorious! I would like to try and ascribe myself some sort of MVP status, but I didn't really do all that much. Even the "America" questions were a bit beyond me at times. I mean...who cares about the abbreviation for Iowa?

When the Quiz was complete and all of the tea and biscuits consumed, we headed back to Brian and Elizabeth's for a little down time. We had ourselves a walk. We chatted with the Davies. And then we took Becca home.

It is hard to believe that it has been two weeks. Time has just been flying by faster and faster. But I am still loving it. It is so much fun here. Even the 'work' is a complete joy the majority of the time. I am so very blessed to be here. Pray that tomorrow would be a good and restful Sabbath. Becca is doing the Sunday School hour tomorrow evening and I know that she will do a fabulous job! Pray for her, that she would be bold and would know that God is going to use her in mighty ways. I am so thankful to be able to do ministry with her. It's only a few times each week, but it has been so much fun and such an encouragement. I can't wait to share my life and my own ministry (wherever and whatever that may be) with her.

God is so good. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment