Saturday 15 June 2013

June 14 "One BATH and No Shower"

Didn't get to fill everyone in last night, but no matter. I suppose most of you are still asleep anyway.

I had a pretty slow Friday. Most of the day was spent preparing my talk for PCY tonight. I was given the opportunity to speak on the BATH (Bible And Talk Hour) Night. So I spent most of my afternoon working on that...and watching tennis.

But in the morning Brian and I went down to RMC to open up the building for a time where people could come in and use the WIFI for free. It was also the Moms and Toddler Time, but only Sarah came with William and Emma. It was fun. I sat and worked on my talk and got to meet some older gentlemen who come to use to Internet. It was pretty hilarious. At one point I had to help Paddy with his charger. Apparently it didn't fit anymore. I explained to him that his HP charger was probably not the right one for his Toshiba Laptop. He then gave Tula his charger back and the day was saved.

The day went by quickly and before I knew it, PCY was upon me. And actually, from what I've heard, it was a fairly crowded BATH Night. Usually kids only swarm to the outdoor events. So we had a time of music and worship, in the middle I gave my testimony and then I gave my talk. I enjoyed it. It was a bit nerve wracking, but I got through it. I hadn't ever really done anything like that before. Not for such an extended amount of time. I ended up talking for like half an hour! I thought I was going to be like ten minutes. I finally understand all of those preachers who go on and on and on for ages.

After the event I got a lift with Alun back to Claire's house where we cooked up a ton of food and basically had a huge party. It was so much fun. I had a great time and then we decided that the easiest course of action would be for me to just sleep on the couch. So I did. It was a good rest. I'll have to tell you about how I woke up later on.

This was definitely a day where I made a conscious effort to be trusting in God. I don't really know what to say about how everything went, but I am confident that God was there with me. Unfortunately it looks like Caerphilly's GSUS Bus event was just as eventful (not very) as ours. But the work that we have been able to do in the schools and the possibility of being able to go back and do similar work is such a huge victory for the Welsh Churches. God's Word is going forth and His work is being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment