Monday 3 June 2013

June 3 "First Day of School"

Maybe it's jet-lag, but Monday doesn't quite feel like Monday over here. I am tired, but it is a good kind of tired. A busy day and well-deserved sleep soon kind of tired. And tomorrow is even earlier. Bring it on!

Alun and I worked with Brian and Elizabeth on the G-SUS bus today. We went through three Religious Education Classes at Ponty High and I was even allowed to teach the last one! Tomorrow there are five to teach and I imagine that I'll be teaching a few of those as well.

So tomorrow will be fun. Alun and I sort of ironed out my schedule a bit more today as well so I now have a better idea of what Ill be doing these 8 weeks. But you'll hear all about that as it unfolds. I've got some decisions to make about how I will spend my time, so pray for me in that.

Wales is definitely a lot different than America. For some reason we are allowed to park a bus full of computers on school grounds and teach a class about Christianity. The lesson basically details different scenarios dealing with common problems (Fear, Forgiveness, Rejection) and then gives the children different sources for giving advice on how to solve the problems. It is subtle, and it is innovative. The way that the teacher closed the meeting was interesting though. She basically gave a call for learning about other people's opinions, since that was what we had presented. It's pluralistic religious education. We see it as being a bit more than that of course. The bus are going to be here for 4 weeks in my area and then in Becca's for 2. If just one of these children comes to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ then it will be worth every morning of cold questions and grumbling. Pray for us that these ministry efforts would bear the fruit that the Welsh so desperately need.

Thank you all of your prayers and support! I might not say it as often as I should but I am so grateful to everyone who has been with us on this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment