Friday 21 June 2013

June 21 "An Ocean of Stones"

Six months until I get to marry the love of my life!

And now back to the more Welshy things.

I guess I should probably update you about yesterday. I missed my first day. Shame on me. But it was fairly normal. The Bus, then dinner with the family, then Youth at Pete's for Gateway church. Nothing too eventful. Not for me anyway.

Today was a bit different. It was our last day at Bryn and we did our best to make the most of it. Josh came back and we spent a lot of time talking (girls, country music, the Gospel- the good stuff) and singing (we blew out the Bus! Josh Turner over the speaker system). It was a fun day. BUT to top it all off, Hannah Searle (Welsh friend) was able to give her testimony today, Kelsie gave hers yesterday. The kids have been coming in drove to hear us talk! It has been so amazing. I hope that this indicates a fair interest in the meeting tomorrow night (PRAY FOR IT!). But after Hannah spoke, I was able to sit down and talk with several girls about the Gospel. Essentially they indicated a fear of Hell and I told them the good news! If there is a Hell to be a afraid of then there must be a Heaven! And if that then God must exist! And from there we talked about the hope that those who trust in Jesus have and the free offer of the gift of life! It was a great moment. I was so happy to be able to share the Good News with these girls. I spent some time in prayer for them at the end of the last session. Hopefully we will see them soon.

After school I got dropped off in Caer to help with the kids club. It was a lot of fun. But I think that this week has really hit me hard. I was so tired and I think I was letting stress get me down. It has been a hectic couple of weeks. Tonight will be a good rest I think. And I was able to enjoy the evening with the PCY group.

This week we went down to Ogmore, to a different castle and explored the beach a bit! The beach was covered in rocks and there were these amazing cliffs! Naturally I had to climb up onto them and of course my bride-to-be was right there with me. We enjoyed the seaside for a while before rejoining the group for real life Pacman. It was a complex game involving pea-collecting, ghost capturing and avoiding the ghosts. I was a rather passive and sarcastic ghost. It was awesome. I made a little boy (won't say who) cry three times today. I think sometimes I forget how delicate children are. Inside and out. But he's fine. And we are buddies so he's not salty about it. In hindsight the events are a bit laughable. Basically it was a hat trick.

After the game we rode home in a flurry of bad jokes and McDonald's (Crunchie McFlurry = good, but would be better if they didn't just sprinkle the top...gotta mix it in). Then there was some Minecraft and some relaxing at Claire's before I headed home. Now...bed. Well...almost.

Tonight when I stepped out onto that beach, it reminded me of the piles of stones that the Israelites would place at various places on their way into the promised land. Usually they would put twelve stone in a pile to commemorate the might acts of God. Looking at those cliffs, chiseled away my the mighty ocean, and the seemingly endless beach of smooth gray stones, I thought about how many stones I would need to build a monument for the mighty deed of Christ. God did amazing things for His people when they crossed the Jordan and defeated their enemies in the Old Testament. But that was all just a step on the way to Golgotha. There God's plan to set things right climaxed when the veil was torn. God fixed what we had broken. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. The ocean could not hold the stones for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment