Saturday 22 June 2013

June 22 "Rest"

First thing this morning, rugby! It was a great match between the Lions and the Australia Wallabees. It was close, but the Lions won it on a slipped kick. Good game. Good fun.

After the game I headed down to Caerphilly Castle for a scavenger hunt with Raf and Becca and some of the local children. Becca and I wandered around taking pictures and looking at the updates that were placed in the castle since the last time that I was here. It was a good trip and a lot of kids came out to enjoy the clear day and to hear about God!

After that we went to the GSUS Bus event from Bryn Celynog. We met at a scout hall down the street from the church and this week we had like 8 students come out! It was a pleasant surprise. The other two events had one student each (both of whom were already in church attendance). We talked about self worth and what God says about us. It was a good time with games, food, teaching, and music. I enjoyed myself and I think the students who showed up really enjoyed themselves as well.

It has been a strange couple of days. I have been very tired and trying to catch up on my rest. But I have had very full weekends and everything here has such structure. Pray that I would feel rested and that I would spend my time wisely. I think that it has finally set in that this isn't like the other mission trips that I have been on. In the past I have been gone for a week, 3 at the most, and then after leaving everything I had on the mission field, I come home and sleep. But this is different. I've just been past the three week mark. Not quite halfway. And it is starting to hit me. Fortunately things are going to be slowing down a bit these next few weeks. Pray for my energy. Pray that I would keep focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment