Wednesday 19 June 2013

June 19 "My Purpose and My Prize"

The Bus was a bit different today. The lessons went as usual for the most part, but at lunch time we opened up the Bus and allowed any students who were interested on board to hear my testimony. It was great, because since they came willingly I was able to say whatever I wanted. So I tried to be as honest and inviting as possible. I gave them the story of how God has changed my life. Here's to hoping that it sunk in for some of them.

I've noticed that when there are a bunch of people on the Bus and the children are working we tend to either loom over them, or sit quietly. I'm not much for looming, so I think tomorrow I might bring a book to read. These kids know how to work a computer anyway. I'm mostly there to lead the intro and conclusion when it's my turn and to fix the bugs when they pop up. We will see how that goes.

After the Bus I had a bit of a nap, not much and then a bit of pizza. For some reason the Welsh are obsessed with Hawaiian pizza. I don't get it. I mean...I can eat it, but pineapple on a pizza? It's just weird to me. And Wales of all places. Hawaii + Italy = Welsh delicacy. Go figure.

In the evening, I went with the Crusaders (apparently that is the name of the Rhyd Kid's Club- nobody ever told me) and we went to the park in Ponty. Once again the Welsh prove to have far superior playground equipment to the Americans. There are a few things that I am going to look into building when I get back. There's no way that it's going to be legal for the public, but that's what back yards are for. When I get a back yard. You may be wondering if I am talking about building these things for my children. I can't promise that I'll wait for them, but they can use them when they get here.

And now we are back fairly early. I am actually blogging before the sun goes down. Crazy stuff. Maybe I will actually get to bed at a decent hour! There is a running joke among the residents of this house about me "going to bed", which has now become code for "Google Hangout with Becca until like 1 in the morning". I can't argue though. It's too true for me to argue.

We are trying something new on the GSUS Bus with the whole giving our testimonies idea. We are going to fully implement it next week, but we have had some difficulty figuring out our Saturday event. I am not sure if we are having one. The first two were discouraging, but I still think it is a good idea. But pray for our efforts. I could see it in their eyes today. These kids have the same questions and the same need that I had when I was their age. I was marvelously blessed to be incorporated into my church (shout-out to Pisgah ARP). It was there that I found the truth and the sense of family that is such a light in this dark world. Wales needs that light. Pray that we would shine.

Also pray for me. I think I am starting to finally feel all of this going and going and going. I need some good rest. Maybe tonight I will go to bed instead of "go to bed". Regardless, pray that I would keep focused and spend my time wisely. Pray that all distractions would be cast aside and that I would keep my eyes on my purpose and my prize, Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment