Saturday 29 June 2013

June 29 "There and Back Again"

What a day.

I guess there isn't really too much to say about yesterday. We worked on the Bus. We had kids club in Caer. We had another event for Hawthorn High and there were two people who showed up. Fun stuff. Then after the event, Claire drove Becca and I over to her house, with a bike in the back, and I crashed on their couch.

And this morning we had Lions test #2. What a game. It was so close just like the last one. My guess for the score was 18 to 16 lions. The final score. 15 to 16 Wallabies. And on a missed penalty kick...3 points. Would have been spot on. And it was my favorite player that missed it. Sad day. I'm not mad though. It was a hard kick. But this makes next week's game in Sydney a lot more interesting. Instead of an undefeated record, the Lions fight to win the actual tour. Should be quite lively.

After the game, the real adventure began. A 13 mile bike ride to Cardiff bay. We went with the PCY group, but it ended up being a semi-random assortment of friends and family. So much fun. But the seat was so uncomfortable. When we got to Cardiff, we stopped to have some refreshments and Becca and I went in search of ice cream. Instead we found an "American Diner". And they had root beer floats, and slushies. It was great. We enjoyed our sweet frozen treats and then after a short rest we hit the road. 13 miles back home. It was a grueling journey. I cycled between peddling standing up and sitting down. Exhaustion versus pain. Nobody won. Especially not me. But Becca and I made it all the way home! 26 miles. That's like a marathon.

Exhausted, we gathered back at the house and then headed out to Pizza Hut. Good times. Good food. I'm stuffed. And the regular pizza we ordered got mixed up and so we got a large! No extra cost. It was a good night. Now there are cookies in the oven to be eaten with vanilla ice cream.

It was a day full of joy and of blessings. I am so fortunate to be here and to be sharing such good times with such wonderful people.

But I'm going to get off of here for now. I've got another important message to send and some war wounds to tend. There were dirt jumps half-way to Cardiff... I couldn't resist. So I've got a jammed wrist and pedal-inflicted cuts on my knee. Not to mention the whole sore seat thing. But no adventure is complete without it's battle scars.

Farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment