Tuesday 18 June 2013

June 18 "Crunchies and Coke 2"

I guess this time it was Cherry Coke, but I just like the idea of reusing the title. It says so much.

This morning was an interesting one. We hit the Bus early and it was up to Brian and I to start the day. Kevin and Kelsie would come halfway through and Alun had an assembly. So I lead the charge and administered the lesson. At the end I was asking about how God can understand our problems. A girl raised her hand and answered that He knows our problems because He died for our sins. I couldn't help but smile. The next question came from a little boy in the back. "You know that some of us are atheists, right?" I smiled. "I know. I'm from the United States, and we have them there too." After the lesson I was able to talk to the little girl for a moment and she told me how awesome it was that I got to come here and share the Word of God. She told me about her recent move and her search for a church. Her name was Rebecca. I told her it was a good name.

The rest of the day on the Bus was great. One of Kevin's youth, Josh, came on the Bus and it did not take long for us to start talking. He is a people person, so he would later tell me. But it just so happens that Josh loves Josh Turner! And so we bled out the Welsh ears singing our fab rendition of "Your Man" between sessions. Then at lunch he showed me around the town near the school and I got a wrap and a Cherry Coke from a local shop (in a complicated series of events I ended up with no lunch). And then I ate while he gave me a tour around the school. At the Bus, Brian was waiting with a surprise Crunchie from home. My Welsh parents spoil me. But anyway, Josh is planning on going to America, to study to become a Youth Minister, which I think is awesome. It is so good to see a young man here who has the love of the Lord in his heart. The rest of the time on the Bus was a joy.

Today was such an encouragement even before lunchtime. It's funny. Josh and Rebecca are two of my best friends and chief encouragement givers in America. Now they have Welsh doppelgangers (Actually, sometimes when I'm bored on the Bus I scan the class to try and find children that look like people that I know from America. It's great fun).

After the Bus I spent my day napping/preparing for my lesson tonight at Coedpenmaen. I taught the children on the armor of God. Tonight we did the first three pieces. The Belt of Truth (a blue and green robe belt that smelled clean), the Breastplate of Righteousness (cardboard...naturally) and the Shoes Fitted with the Gospel of Peace (My Chacos- which are actually the Shoes Fitted with the Gospel of Peace). They seemed to really enjoy it and to interact well. I even got a compliment from one of the moms.

Then I headed off to this week's prayer meeting at Tim and Sarah's and we enjoyed each other's company and spent some time in prayer about the different things that we were concerned about (the Church, our Church, personal issues). Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I don't pray as much in America as they do. Being a Man of Prayer is something that I am striving for. That and encouragement.

Then I had a snack. Then I had a chat. A shower. And now a blog. I now am going to read my Bible (essential) and hopefully talk to my woman before I go to bed (Google Hangouts for the win).

So the original "Crunchies and Coke" will be two weeks old tomorrow. WOW. This is flying by. I am enjoying it so much. I am so excited about what I have to look forward to when I get home. But...WOW. I am thankful that I still have a long way to go and I want to keep enjoying every second that God has given me over here. Thank you for all of your prayers. More and more names are filling up my head and my heart as I think of the different churches and people that I am praying for.

If you could pray for me, then I would much appreciate it. I am thinking a lot about what I need to do when I get home, but I still very much need to keep my focus here. That's not to say that planning ahead is bad and that I can't do that from across the pond, but worry does not need to be a part of that process. I need to be diligent, but trust that no matter what happens, God has a plan and He will provide everything that I need. And He will. God is on my side after all (which ended up being the theme for the Youth lesson). With that comes the peace of the Gospel. For the birds neither reap nor sow and the Lord provides for them. How much more for me, a child of the Most High God?

Hakuna Matata and God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment