Sunday 2 June 2013

June 2 "Fish n' Chips"

Sabbath tour complete.

We started the morning in Rhydyfelin at the Methodist Church and Becca almost made it on time! Worship was good. Turns out that they are working through the book of Acts and watching videos that correspond to the chapters. Fortunately I read through Acts each time I go on a mission trip, so I am on the tail end of the book myself.

After worship with RMC, we all headed back up the hill to Brian and Elizabeth's house for lunch. The Rhyd church has signed up to have us over for dinner each Sunday and we have already filled every week! We are popular! This week we had a wonderful meal of sausage, chicken, roast and mashed potatoes with carrots, peas and corn. Then we had pudding (dessert for you Americans) with chocolate brownie, ice cream, jelly (Jell-O) and raspberry cheesecake. I had the brownie a-la-mode. Then tea. Lots of tea here. It's great.

After lunch we sat around in the lounge for a bit before Becca and I headed off to explore the village a bit. I'm living in Church Village in Tontag right outside of Rhyd. So we headed to the store to get some soap and then after we dropped off the supplies we walked the town a bit. We saw cricket practice! I think I'm actually beginning to understand the game a little.

After our walk we went to Caerphilly for their evening service and had a great time there. They are the church that I worked with last time and so it is good to see them again. As excited as I am to be working in Rhyd, the Gateway Church will always be special to me. After worship we headed back the Claire's house for a while and I played Baseball (arguably superior to Cricket) with the children until dinner. And it finally happened. Honest to goodness Welsh-style fish n' chips. Glorious. I'm about stuffed to sickness right now. So good. After dinner we watched an episode of Hawaii-five-0 (apparently a big deal for these kids) and now we are watching the end of the Brazil v. England game. Good game so far.

Tomorrow we start work with the G-SUS Bus and so I will fill you in on the particulars of that when I can.

Wales continues to amaze me! Maybe it's Wales, or maybe it's just the work that I'm doing but it just feels so great to be here doing what I'm doing. God has been so good to me in His providence for this trip and it has already proven to be such a good experience and I've not even gotten into the bulk of the experience! Looking forward to what the Lord has in store.

(2-2 Draw for football)

1 comment:

  1. "almost on time"!

    I think I was there nearly on time. I mean, I got there halfway through the first song. That's pretty good for me! (:

    ReplyDelete