Sunday 2 June 2013

June 1 "A Surprisingly American-ish Second Day"

Today was a good day. We had a late morning (such a blessing!) and got out from Paul and Sarah’s about half-ten (that’s 10:30 for all you Americans). I was sad to leave such gracious hosts, but I was excited to head off to the place that I will call home for the next two months. It was a very short walk to Brian and Elizabeth’s house and they received me with all smiles and wamr welcomes. I was shown to my room and have found it to be a nice room with plenty of space. I don’t anticipate spending much time in here, but there is a bed, ample storage space and even a little radio. I’ve found about three stations to listen to so we will have to see how that goes. I didn't get the WIFI squared away yet, so I guess this will actually be posted tomorrow at some point...


But we had a busy morning training with the G-SUS Bus in Pontypridd. It was definitely a new experience, but it is interesting to see such an innovative way of implementing technology to present the Gospel. I will probably fill you in more on the G-Bus (as I like to call it) later, seeing as I will be working with it for quite some time.


After training we headed over to Claire and Kelvin Hughes’ (my host’s daughter’s family) for a bit before heading off to Mark and Georgie’s for a welcome Tea for Becca (not for me, though I was invited- that was a joke- though not as good as the one’s from Tea). It was a great time and got to see even more old friends and make some new ones from the Caerphilly church. The food was great- there was this chicken sandwich thing that had some sauce that was almost like some sort of BBQ slaw- crazy good.


After Tea we headed back to the Hughes’ house for dinner and babysitting. Yeah, you heard right. And they’ve got four children, no typo. But they were a joy! Becca and I got to eat Domino’s delivery and then played American sports with the children for hours before it got dark. Then we went in to look at more sports and managed to get Xbox Minecraft fired up just in time for the children to be sent off to bed. We chatted for a bit and then I was delivered back to my homestead.


It was such an eventful day and I am so glad to be back. It’s all been such an amazing experience so far and tomorrow I get to complete my first Ponty-area Sabbath tour. I’ll explain more about that tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment