Thursday 27 June 2013

June 27 "Sleep"

I fell asleep twice on the Bus today. Once at the beginning because our class didn't show up and then once at the end, face down in my book in the kitchen compartment. I don't know why. I guess it has something to do with these late nights. Oh well. I can sleep when I'm dead. 

But we got to have another great day today! Kelsie lost her voice because she has been sick, so she used me as a proxy to speak with the girls that she has been chatting with the past few days. It was pretty fun. Then during the talk and testimony time she noticed that the girls were talking about a question but didn't have the courage to ask. So she told me to go and answer it anyway. So I did! I talked with them for a while about the problem of evil and suffering and what God meant to me. It was great, they even stayed after the bell rang. 

After school we headed back to the house and basically hung out until tea time. We had the Hughes family over, with my Becca, and we all sat down and enjoyed a delicious roast feast. It was awesome. Then a bit of tennis and a rainy bike retrieval for Saturday's ride (more later) before leading Bible study again. 

Tonight's Bible study had a lower turnout and it went by a lot faster because of it. But it still went well. We talked about the Holy of Holies. 

Overall it was a very good day. I still am haunted by this sense that everything is flying by so quickly. Hard to believe that when I wake up tomorrow it will mark the 4 week mark. Crazy. 

Apparently, some of the people in Becca's church were talking about how great it would be for us to come over as interns for a year after we got married...and I don't know what to think about it. I'm not sure how serious they were or how realistic it is, but still it's something to think about. I'll get back to you on it. I need to think more. I have no idea where God is going to put us in this next year. Only time will tell. Right now I have other things to do and to think about. In the not so distant future: Sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment