Monday 17 June 2013

June 17 "A Burger"

Back to the Bus. Today we went to Bryn Celynog for a few hours in the morning and were able to start off the week on the Bus. It was the usual crew, but we were joined with an American missionary Kevin, his intern Kelsie, and their friend Pam. It is good to know that we have the extra help. It was a good day. Some disruptions, but all together I had a good time. Then around noon, Dottie and Jake picked me up to go out for our American day. 

We went to the Big Pit, a coal mine that is now set up as a museum. It was awesome. We got to go down into the mine and have a tour of the whole place. Our tour guide was hilarious and I learned a lot about how things were run down there. It was good fun. We also had a lot of time to talk and plan and discuss what we had been doing and were planning. These sessions are great to just kind of catch my breath and get my bearings after a long week of work. 

Then we got to take the train from Dottie's town Merthyr, back to Ponty. It was a fun ride. We spent the rest of our designated day of rest with Jake and his wife Fionn. It was so much fun. And they took me to a REAL burger place. The burger was incredible! I never thought that I would miss the taste of a properly done burger so much. What a treat. And free ketchup. And Coke. And then proper coffee. And then Country Music in the car. It was a great day (Thank you Vances). Lots of good time to just relax and rest for the week ahead. Ministry is exhausting. It felt so good to just chill for a while. 

Then we got dropped off in Caer and Becca and I went for a walk to watch the sunset. Good times. Afterwards we were able to sit down and chat with Claire and Kelvin for a long while before I got a lift home. 

My summaries have been sort of brief lately and I imagine that is because I have been so bust actually doing stuff! It is crazy busy, but crazy fun over here. I want for this blog to be fun and for it to be a good window into what I am doing, but I don't want it to become burdensome. I might skip some days if I need the extra time for work. Or just give very short updates. 

Thank you to everyone who is keeping up with and praying for me (and for Becca). I am very appreciative of those who have aided this ministry from afar. There are definitely some very dark forces at work here in Wales. Pray that the light of life would go forth and that the hearts and minds of the Welsh would be given over to God and His truth. They need Jesus. They need to see the Way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment