Saturday 6 July 2013

July 6 "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Well, I predicted that the British and Irish Lions would destroy the Aussie Wallabies and wouldn't you know it. Destroy they did. 41-16 and an amazing and redemptive game from Fullback Leigh Halfpenny. It was a very tense first half and then at the start of the second it looked like the Wallabies were on a warpath, but the Welsh boys came through and pulled so far ahead that today's game can safely be classified as a destruction.

All in all today was a very good day to relax. Being done with the GSUS Bus and PCY kind of marks the closing of the first era of my internship (the crazy busy part). After the game we headed out to Taff's Well and took the train into Cardiff. There, Becca and I walked around and had some fun shopping around. She wanted to get Welsh lace for her veil for our wedding. So that was what we did. And we got something special to send to our supporters! I won't spoil the surprise though. I looked around for a rugby jersey that I liked and could afford, but today was just not the day to get it. I will find one eventually. Jerseys are kind of my souvenir tradition.

After the day full of shopping and a meal at Nandos (grilled chicken place- pretty good stuff) we took the train back out and have spent the rest of the evening in Caerphilly at Claire's. We worked on some stuff (surprises) and just enjoyed everyone's company. And I had duck for the second time! The first time was last night, but I had no idea that it was duck. I like duck.

It was a sneezy day, and I was tempted to let it be a hindrance to all of the good times that we ended up having, but it just goes to show that there are so many blessings to be seen when you are willing to look past the little things that can get in our way. It's late and I'm still sniffly, but God is good. Today was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment