Wednesday 3 July 2013

July 3 "Milk Was A Bad Choice..."

Another day on the GSUS Bus. It's hard to believe that there are only two more days left with The Bus! Soon I will be in a whole different world without my default daily duty. Today was an interesting day. I was able to give my testimony at lunchtime to a very interested crowd and a few rowdy youngsters. Funny enough, the rowdy ones are absolutely obsessed with me. They followed me around before and after the lessons asking me to say "American" words and even brought me over to play a bit of rugby (of course I went easy on them). They love to follow me around and listen to my accent, but I'm thinking that the important words that I have said to them are falling on deaf ears. Two more days. Hopefully something will stick. If they refuse to hear Christ, then I will just have to show them.

After the Bus I came back to the house and relaxed with some tennis and some tea. There was this incredible game on today. Murray, a Scot and the favorite around here, was being beaten 2 sets to nil by basically a nobody Spaniard at Wimbledon and come to find out later, he came back and won it! What a champ. Long way to go for him yet though. We will see how he fares in the rest of the tournament.

Then in the evening we went out with the Rhydyfelin kids to a park in Caerphilly. We had a lot of fun and Becca even met us there! Good times. We spun around on stuff, climbed stuff, swung, and even bug hunted. Didn't find any bugs though. I found a bee, but nobody wanted me to catch it. Their loss.

After the park, I went over to the Hughes residence and hung out for a while just watching the TV and relaxing. Never underestimate the power of a good session in front of the TV. It does wonders. We also walked to the store because Becca had to buy some things. I determined to get a snack for a pound. I found donuts and milk for 80 pence! And Becca wanted one. She ended up buying it all. But then she wanted to heat them up, and we have milk at home. Hence the title.

Now I am back at home, not really that tired and filling all of you fine people in on my day. There was a lot of thinking and googling about jobs today. I've been thinking about it a lot recently. Not worrying, just thinking of the possibilities. Pray that it doesn't devolve into worry. I don't need that over here.

God is so good. In spite of all of my weakness and stubbornness and reluctance to let Him work in me and through me, He never gives up. He never changes. He is such a good God and a Heavenly Father that I can always depend on. Just felt like sharing that.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment