Wednesday 17 July 2013

July 17 "Where My Feet May Find Me"

The blog updates now are few and far in between. The week has been slow but not altogether uneventful. I have done a lot of reading from a lot of different sources and have enjoyed (sort of) a few days of relative calm before the storm. I do not like to have a schedule that is as clear as it has been, but the American team will be here soon and then there will be lots to do.

There was one exciting part of the day. I decided that today I was going to go into Ponty and speak again with my friend Lee from last Wednesday's open air. So I got a lift into town and walked down, stopping by the Christian book store on the way. I actually walked out of the shop once and looked down the street and didn't quite recognize Lee and his friend James sitting there. We talked for well over an hour about all different manner of things, James did a lot of the talking as well. Then when the day was getting late I offered Lee a Bible that I had just purchased. He took it graciously and told me that he would put it to good use with his ill relative, Morton, who needs prayer. After a few more niceties, I told my friends that I had to go and catch a bus home. They understood, but insisted that they walked with me and wait with me at the stop. It was a good day to meet with and hang out with these two men. Neither of them belong to Christ, but I am hoping that through the Word of God and the work of the Holy Spirit that they might come to know Him. Oh what a joy it would be to walk the streets of gold with these with whom I have walked the streets of Pontypridd! Pray that it might be so.

Once home, a long and expensive bus ride later, I retreated into my room and read a bit more before Kid's Club. It was a small turnout, no surprise given the weather and the time of year, but we headed out to Ponty park nonetheless and had a good time playing around and enjoying the sunshine.

Time goes by pretty quickly these days. It is hard to believe that this whole summer in nearly gone. I do realize that I have been hinting at some comments about 'how I feel' concerning all of this, but you know what...I'm still not ready to deal with it.

As much as I love home, I love it here as well.

I have put my heart in such a place that my prayers will now always be split across the Atlantic, no matter where my feet may find me.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment