Monday 22 July 2013

July 22 "The Team Arrives"

Hello everybody!

Now that we have gotten back into the swing of things here time is moving very fast. I honestly can't remember where I left off last time!

But since last time the team has gotten here! And we just made it through our first morning of Holiday Club here in Rhyd! Last time I was here, I helped out at the Caerphilly Church and so this is really my first time doing the Club on this side of the hill. It was a really great time! I was supposed to be in charge of leading the Middle age group around, but the number of kids that showed up, really could only fill two groups comfortably. Pray that tomorrow we need three!  Pray that three wouldn't be enough! But I was fortunate that this summer I was already able to meet many of the kids that we are working with and thus it is a lot easier to get into the groups and talk to them! It all feels very natural here and the team/church combo has this Club down to a science. So it seems after the first day. We shall see.

In the afternoon we will have games on the Pitch and then Coffee Bar tonight for the older ones. I will update you on those whenever I get a chance.

I have had my own computer all summer, but have chosen to leave it at the house while I am with the team. We are all camping out in the Cardinal Newman School! Good fun. So my updates may be a little bit more scarce. Bear with me. I am using a very very very old computer in the church and so I will try and fill you in as much as possible.

Please be in prayer for our team! We are working well as a group, but pray that we would really begin to do ministry as God's family. Team unity is essential and we need it. Also pray that the children would come and that they would hear the Good News about Jesus! We are so blessed to be able to do this club and are so blessed to have had the kids that we had today. But the more little Welsh kids that show up, the better! And pray for me. It has been a long summer and I want to make sure that this week still gets my full effort and my full focus. In many ways, a lot of the ministry that I have been doing has led up to this week. So please pray for us all!

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment