Friday 5 July 2013

July 5 "Bye Bye Bus"

That's right. No more GSUS Bus. It is a bitter sweet feeling really. I mean, I've gotten very used to that kind of work. Now I am going to have to learn how to teach children without the computers. Bleh. But at the same time I welcome the change of pace. It was just a bit monotonous after 4 weeks. 3 back to back. But here's hoping that all of those seeds that were sown will take some sort of root. I have been praying a lot for the children who heard our message lately.

After the Bus, I got a lift to Caerphilly to do an event fair sort of thing at the primary school near Claire's. We had a table set up and we were selling...you guessed it! Gingerbread men! Decorate your own ginger for only 50p. I don't quite get the seasonal reasoning, but the kids loved it! We also got to advertise for Gateway's Family Activity Week. Pray for that week.

The evening was another busy one. PCY BATH Night, with special guest speaker...me. I got the opportunity to teach a second time! Probably mostly because that meant that no one else had to do it, but whatever! I enjoyed the extra experience. We talked about the importance of God's Word tonight. I felt very fortunate for the opportunity, it has definitely been an experience for growth.

Then the latest part of the night was spent watching the end of Murray's match (he faces Djokovic for the final!) and Mr. Bean. British humor, gotta love it. Then it was decided that instead of getting taken home only to be carted back in the morning to watch the Lions DESTROY the Wallabies, I am crashing on the couch. I even was able to wash up! But due to a limited arrangement of washing facilities I was forced into taking a bath. Surprisingly relaxing. Reminds me why I want a Jacuzzi tub when I grow up.

Anyway, the night is getting by me and I should probably get some rest. Big days ahead.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment